On Wednesday, May 1, 2013, HVS will host U.S. Hotel Market Connections, a series of concurrent hotel intelligence seminars held in 12 cities across the United States. The seminars will deliver critical insights from a panel of local experts on issues facing the hospitality industry in that specific market. Issues include: trends in hotel lending and valuation; up-to-the-moment snapshots of hotel values, transactions, cap rates, and operating trends in each location; and a forecast of nationwide hotel values through 2016.
HVS Connections seminars will be held in Atlanta, Chicago, Columbus, Dallas, Denver, Los Angeles, Minneapolis, New York, Orlando, Philadelphia, San Francisco, and Washington, D.C. –on Wednesday, May 1.
Specific topics in the respective Connections locations include:
- How are profit margins changing as the Chicago economy strengthens?
- How has the new convention hotel and the addition of gaming in Ohio, impacted the city of Columbus, Ohio?
- Is there a shortage of hotels for sale in Denver and why?
- How has EB-5 which provided financing for a number of projects in Downtown LA and Hollywood changed the environment for hotel developers?
- What are the major demand generators in Minneapolis-St. Paul
- How much more new supply is Manhattan capable of absorbing?
- What are the results of the recent limited and select service hotel sales in various Florida markets?
- How will the softening of the first quarter of 2013 impact the rest of the year in San Francisco?
- What is the outlook for the government segment, in light of sequestration and the initiative to reduce government travel spending in the Washington, DC market?
From the national perspective, HVS President and CEO Stephen Rushmore, Jr. will present a simultaneous address to the 12 seminar sites to share results from the most recent HVS-STR Hotel Valuation Index which is scheduled to be released on that day.
U.S. Hotel Market Connections offers a novel exchange of critical hotel intelligence, along with the opportunity to network with other national, regional, and local hotel analysts, consultants, investors, financiers, owners, and insiders. The event is designed to help hoteliers seeking funds for a new project, investors looking for viable opportunities in hotel markets across the U.S., and stakeholders eager for insights on the dynamics of the U.S. hotel industry in 2013 and beyond.
Register now at www.hotelmarketconnections.com. Breakfast or lunch (according to local times) will be served at each location.
Leora Halpern Lanz