A Managing Director with HVS Denver, Brett has decades of experience ranging from operations at extended-stay hotels to appraising all levels of hotel properties, including several high-profile domestic and international assets. A large percentage of Brett’s work comprises resorts with a mixed-use component such as ski, golf, beach, or residential aspects. Significant mixed-use resort and hotel engagements Brett has completed include the following:
- Oasis at Death Valley (Death Valley, CA)
- The Lodge at Flying Horse Resort (Colorado Springs, CO)
- Trump Doral Golf Resort & Spa (Doral, FL)
- Ritz-Carlton & JW Marriott Grand Lakes (Orlando, FL)
- PGA National Golf Course & Resort (Palm Springs Garden, FL)
- Hyatt Regency & Villas Grand Cypress (Orlando, FL)
Being based in Denver, Colorado, Brett has significant experience evaluating ski resorts and related ski village accommodations, and he is considered an expert on lodging in these challenging markets. Significant ski-resort projects Brett has consulted on are listed below.
- Mammoth Mountain Ski Resort (Mammoth Lakes, CA)
- Steamboat Ski Resort (Steamboat Springs, CO)
- Wolf Ridge Ski Resort (Mars Hill, NC)
- Horseshoe Valley Ski Resort (Barrie, Ontario, Canada)
- Red Mountain Ski Resort (Rossland, British Columbia, Canada)
- Proposed Ski Resort Rosa Khuta (Sochi, Russia)
- Powder Mountain Proposed Mountain Village (Eden, UT)
- Ritz-Carlton Bachelor Gulch (Avon, CO)
- Park Hyatt Beaver Creek Resort (Beaver Creek, CO)
- The Lodge at Vail (Vail, CO)
Brett has been involved in numerous public-private development deals. Encompassing both city officials and private development teams, these projects are heavily reviewed and more detail-oriented than most hotel development projects, including properties such as convention center headquarters hotels and standalone meeting and conference hotels. Some examples of Brett's work with public-private projects and convention hotels are provided below.
- Hyatt Regency Denver Convention Center Headquarters Hotel (Denver, CO)
- Hilton Branson Landing Convention Center Hotel (Branson, MO)
- Loews Convention Center Hotel (Kansas City, MO)
- Hilton Convention Center Hotel (Omaha, NE)
- Proposed Hyatt Regency Salt Lake City Convention Hotel (Salt Lake City, UT)
- Texas A&M Conference Hotel (College Station, TX)
Brett graduated from the University of Mount Union in Alliance, Ohio. He is a state-certified general appraiser.
Follow Brett on LinkedIn
HVS is the nation's leading consulting firm that is laser-focused on the hospitality sector. The firm provides expertise through every phase of ownership across a wide range of hospitality assets. We help clients succeed in the complex consulting arena, from feasibility studies to exit strategies and everything in between.