A Managing Director with HVS Denver, Brett has over 25 years of experience in hospitality consulting with projects that have spanned operations at extended-stay hotels to appraisals for all classes of hotels, including high-profile domestic and international assets.
He has significant expertise in assessing and valuing exceptionally complex proposed and existing assets, with a strong focus on mixed-use resorts that include ski, golf, beach, or residential components. Significant mixed-use resort and hotel engagements Brett has completed include the following:
- Oasis at Death Valley (Death Valley, CA)
- The Lodge at Flying Horse Resort (Colorado Springs, CO)
- Trump Doral Golf Resort & Spa (Doral, FL)
- Ritz-Carlton & JW Marriott Grand Lakes (Orlando, FL)
- PGA National Golf Course & Resort (Palm Springs Garden, FL)
- Hyatt Regency & Villas Grand Cypress (Orlando, FL)
Based in Denver, Colorado, Brett has unique knowledge in evaluating ski resorts and related ski-village accommodations and is considered an authority on lodging in these destination markets. Significant ski-resort projects Brett has consulted on are listed below.
- Mammoth Mountain Ski Resort (Mammoth Lakes, CA)
- Steamboat Ski Resort (Steamboat Springs, CO)
- Wolf Ridge Ski Resort (Mars Hill, NC)
- Horseshoe Valley Ski Resort (Barrie, Ontario, Canada)
- Red Mountain Ski Resort (Rossland, British Columbia, Canada)
- Proposed Ski Resort Rosa Khuta (Sochi, Russia)
- Powder Mountain Proposed Mountain Village (Eden, UT)
- Ritz-Carlton Bachelor Gulch (Avon, CO)
- Park Hyatt Beaver Creek Resort (Beaver Creek, CO)
- The Lodge at Vail (Vail, CO)
Using a highly collaborative client approach, together with his ability to leverage the power of HVS resources on behalf of complex, multi-faceted projects, Brett provides clients the potential to realize their vision with a thorough analysis and highly accurate valuation.
His strong industry reputation and credibility has also led to participation in numerous large, complex public-private development deals. Involving various city officials, private development teams, hotel owners, and corporate lenders, these projects are closely reviewed and more detail-oriented than most hotel appraisals and hotel development projects. Some examples of Brett's work on public-private projects and convention hotels are provided below.
- Hyatt Regency Denver Convention Center Headquarters Hotel (Denver, CO)
- Hilton Branson Landing Convention Center Hotel (Branson, MO)
- Loews Convention Center Hotel (Kansas City, MO)
- Hilton Convention Center Hotel (Omaha, NE)
- Proposed Hyatt Regency Salt Lake City Convention Hotel (Salt Lake City, UT)
- Texas A&M Conference Hotel (College Station, TX)
Brett also works extensively with commercial mortgage-backed securities (CMBS) lenders. CMBS projects can involve all levels of hotels and often feature multi-unit portfolios of hotel properties. These lenders particularly appreciate Brett’s collaborative and patient operating style given the sometimes-iterative process these projects involve. His credibility within this lending segment has led to a highly loyal base of clients who trust Brett’s advice and consulting expertise.
Brett has also authored numerous publications on resort markets, valuation, lodging, and development. He is a state-certified general appraiser.
Follow Brett on LinkedIn
HVS is the nation's leading consulting firm that is laser-focused on the hospitality sector. The firm provides expertise through every phase of ownership across a wide range of hospitality assets. We help clients succeed in the complex consulting arena, from feasibility studies to exit strategies and everything in between.