Senior Managing Partner Monique Rosszell oversees HVS's Toronto and Montreal practices. Born and hailing originally from Montreal, Monique divides her time between the two practices and manages some of the firm's most complex consulting and valuation engagements. Her extensive background and expertise is highlighted below.
- Monique understands the leading indicators driving the trends affecting the hospitality industry performance and hotel values in Central and Eastern Canada. She speaks regularly at industry events and publishes on an annual basis the Hotel Valuation Index for Canada. Please contact Monique for a presentation of our latest forecasts.
- She has managed for over 20 years the HVS Ontario, Quebec and Maritime regions, and has consulted on hundreds of projects in these markets “big or small”, so she has an intimate knowledge of these markets. Being fully bilingual, she truly has the local knowledge and is the bilingual “boots on the ground” needed in the Quebec and New Brunswick markets. Moreover, she enjoys working with legal teams on hospitality-related litigation engagements. If you have a case that requires a hotel expert witness in either English or French, please contact Monique.
- Hotel development and feasibility consulting and is a forte of Monique and her team. She has the largest hotel appraisal and consulting team in Canada who perform the lion’s share of hotel feasibility studies in Central and Eastern Ontario as they are renown for having cutting edge financial modelling and their finger on the pulse in the various markets. HVS performs the vast majority of the luxury developments ranging from a 36 room uber luxury Nobu Hotel in downtown Toronto the planned 600-room Royal Mount Hotel in Midtown Montreal, the largest hotel project in Montreal in years. She has worked extensively in hotel/waterpark developments which are becoming extremely popular in Canada given their dearth but prevalence south of our border.
- Monique’s extensive experience and advisory in mixed-use developments in Central and Eastern Canada, includes the following:
- Liberty Village, Toronto, ON Boutique Hotel Mixed-Use Apartment
- Alt Hotel, Griffintown, QC, Hotel Mixed -Use Condo
- The One, Toronto, ON Hotel Mixed-Use Retail/Condo
- Nobu hotel, Toronto, Hotel Mixed Use Condo
- Thompson Hotel, Toronto,Hotel Mixed -Use Condo
- Four Seasons Hotel, Montreal, Hotel Mixed Use Condo
- Hilton Garden Inn/Homewood Suites, Mid Town Montreal, QC, Hotel Mixed Use Condo/Retail
- Hampton Inn/Homewood Suites, Downtown Montreal, QC, Hotel Mixed Use Retail
- Escade Hotel, Brossard, QC, Hotel Mixed Use Retail
- Autograph Collection, King East, Toronto, ON, Hotel Mixed Use Office/Condo
- Canopy Hotel, Yorkville, ON, Hotel Mixed Use/Condo
- Square Phillip, Downtown Montreal, QC, Boutique Hotel, Mixed Use/Condo
- Mont Tremblant, QC, Boutique Resort, Mixed Use/Condo
- Friday Harbour, Innisfil, ON, Boutique Resort, Mixed Use Retail/Condo
- Toronto North, ON, Boutique Hotel, Mixed Use/Medical Centre
- Alt Hotel, Maple Leaf Square, Toronto, ON, Mixed Use/Condo
- Four Seasons Toronto Hotel, ON Mixed Use/Condo
- St-David, QC, Boutique Resort Hotel
- Hyatt Place downtown Montreal, QC Mixed Use/Office
- Tapestry by Hilton, Moncton, NB, Mixed Use Condo/Retail
- Ascend Collection, Bedford, NS Mixed Use Condo/Retail
- Moxy by Marriott, Halifax NS, mixed use Condo/Retail
- Tapestry by Hilton, Sudbury, ON Mixed use Casino/Arena/Film Studio
- Marriott Hotel, Vaughan, ON, Mixed use/Condo
- Mont Tremblant, QC, Microtel by Wyndham Mixed Use /Retail
- Courtyard by Marriott Laval, QC, Mixed Use/Condo/Apartment/Retail
Monique holds the designation of AACI as a Designated Member of the Appraisal Institute of Canada and the MRICS designation as a Chartered Member of the global Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors. She is also a long standing member with the International Society of Hospitality Consultants (ISHC).
Follow Monique on LinkedIn
HVS is the nation's leading consulting firm that is laser-focused on the hospitality sector. The firm provides expertise through every phase of ownership across a wide range of hospitality assets. We help clients succeed in the complex consulting arena, from feasibility studies to exit strategies and everything in between.