A DFW native, Kathleen Donahue is a Managing Director and Partner at the firm's Dallas office, where she has worked since joining HVS in 2003. Kathleen helps oversee the firm’s Texas operations and has particularly strong knowledge of hotel markets in north Texas, Oklahoma, and Arkansas. She has authored articles on the performance trends and dynamics of DFW hotel markets and has regularly presented to local hotel association groups over the past several years.
Hotel development in the DFW Metroplex has experienced rapid growth in recent years, supported by the increasing population, new residential and commercial development, and the state’s attractiveness for corporate relocations and expansions. Accordingly, Kathleen and the Dallas team have considerable experience evaluating proposed hotels ranging from limited- to full-service assets, including the following urban-centric projects in Dallas and Fort Worth:
- Virgin Hotels Dallas (opened December 2019)
- JW Marriott Dallas Arts District (coming 2022)
- Home2 Suites by Hilton Fort Worth Cultural District (opened June 2020)
- Kimpton Harper Hotel, Downtown Fort Worth (coming spring 2021)
With more than 200 incorporated cities and towns located in the metropolitan area, hotel development interest in suburban DFW communities has flourished, often enhanced by incentives offered by municipalities. Notable past suburban engagements are listed below.
- Delta Hotels by Marriott Dallas Allen and Watters Creek Convention Center (opened January 2019)
- Westin Southlake (coming October 2021)
- Aloft Hotel & Convention Center Cedar Hill (coming 2022)
Kathleen has completed or overseen hundreds of assignments for a broad range of clients, spanning hotel appraisals, market studies, and feasibility studies for all hotel asset classes. Kathleen graduated from The University of Texas at Austin, and she is licensed as a certified general appraiser.