Managing Director and Senior Partner Daniel McCoy oversees the firm's St. Louis, Nashville, and Omaha offices. Dan is based in St. Louis and manages assignments on a wide variety of assets in both the heartland and throughout the country. His extensive expertise is highlighted below.
- Dan works with the HVS Americas Standards Committee to develop national market intelligence and forecasting, reviewing and analyzing the leading indicators that drive hospitality industry performance and values. He regularly meets with a variety of ownership, development, lending, and brokerage contacts to gather insight and share the HVS hospitality industry outlook. Please contact Dan for a presentation of our latest forecasts.
- Dan leverages his national perspective to effectively manage appraisals of multi-state hotel portfolios under a unified approach. CMBS lenders and special servicers, as well as institutional ownership groups, appreciate the efficiency and consistency Dan brings to a portfolio valuation. If you need consulting work on a portfolio of hotels, contact Dan.
- Dan has provided development consulting for the growing boutique and lifestyle segment throughout the Heartland, including the following:
- The Thompson (Nashville, TN)
- The Virgin Hotel (Nashville, TN)
- Hotel St. Louis, Autograph Collection (St. Louis, MO)
- Angad Arts Hotel (St. Louis, MO)
- The Last Hotel (St. Louis, MO)
- The Current, Autograph Collection (Davenport, IA)
- Proposed Hard Rock Hotel (Kansas City, KS)
- Dan is experienced with providing meaningful insight and guidance to municipalities and public agencies to help lay the groundwork for public-private hotel development projects. Examples of this work are listed below.
- Kansas City, Missouri: Proposed Convention Hotel Study
- Memphis, Tennessee: Proposed Convention Hotel Study
- Des Moines, Iowa: Existing Convention Hotel Study
- University City, Missouri: Hotel Market Analysis and Site Recommendations
- Mount Carmel, Illinois: Site Recommendation and Proposed Hotel Study
- Alton, Illinois: Proposed Hotel Study and Development Incentive Analysis
- Dan’s deep understanding of hotel investment and appraisal methodology makes him an ideal expert witness. Contact Dan if you have a case that requires a hotel expert. He has provided valuations and testimony for litigation in a variety of circumstances, including the following;
- Condemnation/Eminent Domain
- Property Tax Appeal
- Fraud/Breach of Contract
Dan’s consulting and appraisal expertise spans roadside motels, beachside resorts, full-service metropolitan hotels, wilderness retreats, and virtually every type of property in between. He is a Designated Member of the Appraisal Institute (MAI) and a state-certified general appraiser.
Follow Dan on LinkedIn
HVS is the nation's leading consulting firm that is laser-focused on the hospitality sector. The firm provides expertise through every phase of ownership across a wide range of hospitality assets. We help clients succeed in the complex consulting arena, from feasibility studies to exit strategies and everything in between.